Another lovely & busy day in the garden despite discovering 2 more wasps nests in the garden shed! It was warm, if a little cloudy – perfect gardening weather!
Tasks Ticked Off:
- Science planted the tomato plant in it’s upside down ‘grow bag’ (I love the concept, can’t wait to see if it works).
- Planted the bed that I’d prepared yesterday with garlic, white & red onions, beetroot, lollo rosso lettuce, radish & peas – I may have been a bit late but we’ll see
- Weeded and composted another bed and planted a ‘Timperley Early’ Rhubarb and a blackcurrant (the sole remaining fruit bush after our puppy got the rest)
- Weeded & composted the herb garden and planted some new ones – lemon thyme, chives, oregano, fennel, parsley, basil & tarragon
- Planted some hanging baskets for the front of the house
- Trimmed the ornamental cherry arch that had got quite out of control.
- Apple & pear trees staked (thank you T!)
- The baby coal tit fledged the nest box and we saw it taking it’s first few hesitant flights – lovely to see but sad to see them go
- Another BBQ with passing friends
- The idea to start this blog
Things to do/look up:
- Something in the tap/fonts at the front of the house – possibly trailing, like an ivy
- Re-pot the bamboo plants & find a home for them
- Create a compost heap
- Create a slug killer – found this interesting method & heard that beer might work…
- Get a sprinkler for the watering can – planted seedlings a bit delicate for a torrent of water
- Get a bucket – an old cat litter tray isn’t really that great!
Max (our tabby cat) caught a mouse & brought it in for us – bless!